I have finally finished my wool suiting 1940s dress that I have been planning on for a while, and I am really pleased with how it turned out!
The dress pattern that I used is the Vintage Vogue pattern V9082. The whole pattern fit very well, and the only adjustments that I had to make were to the darts. That was an easy fix to ensure that it fit me perfectly, and the rest of the dress went together quickly.
The pattern called for a hidden zipper, but I prefer to set the zipper in normally because that makes it stronger, and I have had the issue of hidden zippers getting caught.
One detail that I am very proud of is the matched front panels. This happened completely by accident, and I love how it looks.
The sleeves have two pleats in them to create a 1940s silhouette without any padding.
There are so many photos that I like from the photo shoot, so I will put a break and you can see more if you would like.
Also, stay tuned for a video about how I made this dress over the next few days!