For this skirt I used a McCalls pattern. The pattern came with a few different variations for the skirt, and a petticoat pattern. I added 5 inches to the pattern to give it more of a vintage feel, and used a cotton sateen. The pattern was very easy to cut out, since it was entirely made out of rectangles, and quick to put together. I will definitely be using this pattern again.
As you can see, this pattern features a side zipper. I love side zippers, and I think they add a special touch to a piece of clothing.
The next time that I make something with this pattern, I would like to play around with pleating or gathering. For my first time using it, I went with the markings that are given on the pattern pieces for the box pleats, but one thing that I really enjoy with this skirt is how easy it would be to make some slight adjustments to how the skirt is gathered onto the waistband. It would be an easy change, and it would make the next skirt look quite different.