Here I have some of the finished clothes that I have made. Blog posts about each outfit will be made sometime in the future. Stay tuned for more photos.
Owl Dirndl: Self printed muslin with hand made owl stamps by Veronica Funk. Made with a Patterns by Gertie pattern. Cartridge pleated apron made with quilting fabric. More photos here
Linen Shorts: made using a 1960's vintage pattern and light blue linen. Part of the Mexico Collection, more photos here
Bee Halter and Shorts: 1930's styled shorts and halter top made using quilting cotton. Goes with the Bee Skirt. Part of the Mexico Collection, more photos here
Spanish Dirndl: Dirndl made from a Patterns by Gertie pattern in quilting cotton. Part of the Mexico Collection, more photos here
Crooked Saints Dress: 1950's styled dress made using a Vintage Vogue pattern and hand printed muslin. Part of the Mexico Collection- see more photos here
Corset Cover: Self drafted pattern and made of muslin with vintage lace and buttons. Part of the Mexico Collection. More photos here and here.
Bee Skirt: MaCall pattern made with quilting cotton, bees stamped by me. Made using the same pattern as my scissors skirt. Also a part of the Mexico Collection. See more photos here and here
The Su-Li Zhen Dress: Silk dupioni dress made using a pattern from Patterns by Gertie. More photos here
Jodhpurs: Made using heavy twill, part of the Berlin Collection.
1930's Khaki Skirt: Made using a 1930's Simplicity pattern and heavy twill. Part of the Berlin Collection.
1950's Peplum Blouse: Made from muslin with vintage buttons. Part of the Berlin Collection.
1940's Blazer: Made from wool suiting. Part of the Berlin Collection
1950's Wool Dress: Made using the same Vintage Vogue pattern as the Moth Dress, with the neck yoke added. Made using wool mens suiting.
Moth Dress: Handmade stamp by Veronica Funk, fabric stamped with moths. Cotton blend, used Vintage Vogue pattern from 1957 with adjustments. More photos here
Through the Looking Glass: Part of my Curiosities collection, 1880's styled bustle gown from rayon and silk brocade. Most draped and patterned by me, used a Butterick pattern for the sleeves. See more here, or see my Collections page.
The Green Dress: Made using an American Duchess Simplicity pattern that was based on Outlander's Red Dress, silk with a cotton lining. Tons more photos here
1940's Bomb Girl Trousers: Made in a light-weight mens suiting wool using a vintage Simplicity pattern. More photos are here
The Frankenstein Dress: 1880's bustle dress inspired by Ripper Street and Frankenstein. The ensemble is self-drafted and worn over my Bustle Era Undergarments. The cotton is stamped with a anatomical heart stamp made by Veronica Funk. See these blog posts for more info and pictures: https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/printing-fabric, https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/making-combinations, https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/a-finished-corset, https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/bustle-undergarments, https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/drafting-a-bustle-gown, https://themodiste.weebly.com/blog/the-frankenstein-dress.
Bustle Era Undergarments: 1880's era combinations, corset, bum-pad, and petticoat. Made out of muslin and lace, and the corset is made of taffeta. See a video of the outfit here, and more posts about it here.
Late 1940s Dress: Made from a light wool suiting from the Vintage Vogue V9082 pattern. See more photos here.
Regency Stays: Hand drafted as well as hand sewn, made with cotton and lightly corded. You can read more about these here.
Regency Dresses: Made out of cotton using simplicity patterns. I still am planning on altering the second one, but for now you can read more about these here and here.
The Dream Dress: Created for MakeFashion 5.0, this dress was made out of mans shirting fabric and is filled with LEDs to light up the skirt and 3D printed spikes on the back. This was a collaboration with the team lead, Catherine Larose, and engineer, Kathryn Blair. See more photos of the dress and the event that it was shown at here
1740's Undergarments: Made using the American Duchess 'Outlander' inspired patterns, everything is made out of muslin and the stays are heavily corded. See the 18th Century Special Project link for more posts about how they were made and the research behind them.
18th Century Special Project: Made using Ikea cotton twill and American Duchess 'Outlander' inspired patterns. See more photos and the research behind the dress here.
Jedi Robe: Made for my boyfriend as a Christmas present last year. Made of light weight suede.
Light Blue 1930's Skirt: Made out of a light blue linen from a vintage McCalls pattern. Read more about this project here and here. Also a part of the Mexico Collection
Grey Scissors Skirt: Made with a McCalls pattern with a cotton sateen. Added five inches to the original pattern to get a more 1950's styled skirt. See more photos and information about this skirt here
Wool 1930's Skirt: Made from the same McCalls pattern as the linen skirt. I used a grey suiting wool. The skirt is fully lined. See more about this project here
1950's Blue Dress: Made out of a cotton print using a Burda vintage pattern.