Last year in Art Class I created a paper dress, and I made another one this year. They were quite fun to do, but at the time I was a bit disappointed with how they came out, specifically the first one. After putting it away for a year, I am less critical about how I look at it.
The second one that I made this year still needs some repairs before I can take pictures of it, but I will post photos of that as well.
The dress was made out of newspaper, anaglypta (a 3D wallpaper), and scrapbook paper. The shape was inspired by 1880s bustle dresses, and it was made in about a week of classes. There were a few things that I also had wanted to do to the dress, but I had run out of time in class to do them, so the dress stayed like this.
After not seeing it for a while, I felt better about how it turned out, but I still wanted to try out a few new techniques, so I made another dress this year. Once I have fixed it up and taken photos, I will post about that one too.